Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tea at the Prudence Crandall Museum in Canterbury, CT

On a beautiful November day after a major snow storm the tea ladies met for tea.

The Colonial house at
5 South Canterbury Road
in Canterbury was built around 1765 for John Carter and originally had a full lean-to in the rear. In 1807, Nathan Adams, who operated Canterbury’s oldest corn mill, moved into the house. His son, Rufus Adams, was later a lawyer in town. In the early twentieth century, the town’s post office was located in the rear of the house.

A young Prudence Crandall

No comments: